Click to Home
Andover Help Center - How Do I?
Go To Search
Andover Kansas Andover, Kansas
1609 E Central Ave
P.O. Box 295
Andover, KS 67002
Ph: (316) 733-1303
Fx: (316) 733-4634
Criminal Justice System
Criminal Justice System

Once you have reported a crime to a police officer, the report will be investigated by the officer if it is a misdemeanor, or by a detective if the crime is a felony.  You will be contacted and advised of the status of your case.  If a suspect is identified and sufficient evidence exists, the case will proceed to the courts.  There are several steps involved in the criminal justice system:

  • Arrest (or citation, for certain Misdemeanors)
  • Arraignment
  • Preliminary Hearing (for Felonies)
  • Trial
  • Sentencing

If there has been an arrest, the court the offender must appear in depends on the location of the offense and the specific charges.  You can call the appropriate court for information regarding the case:

  • Butler County Attorney (316-321-6999)

Butler County Attorney handles all felony and juvenile criminal cases.  Contact their Victim/Witness Coordinator for assistance.

  • Andover Municipal Court (316-733-4510)

Andover Municipal Court handles all Misdemeanors and juvenile traffic cases committed inside the City of Andover.