Building & Inspections Department

Building and Construction Codes Updates

Approved Amendments, Codes:

  1. Administrative Permits, Licensing and Fees, Art 1 of Ch IV, Andover City Code, Approved by City Council, Effective January 1, 2019 - Click HERE

  2. Permit Fees, Contractor License Fees and Miscellaneous Fees Resolution, Approved by City Council, Effective January 1, 2019 - Click HERE

  3. Ordinance No. 1674 Adopting and Amending the 2012 International Building Code, Effective, October 5, 2018 - Click HERE

  4. Ordinance No. 1682 Adopting and Amending the 2015 International Mechanical Code, Effective January 18, 2019 – Click HERE
  5.  Ordinance No. 1684 Adopting and Amending the 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code, Effective January 18, 2019 – Click HERE

  6. Ordinance No. 1683  Adopting and Amending the 2014 National Electrical Code, Effective January 18, 2019– Click HERE

Contractor's Licensing

Effective January 1st,2019, all licenses will now expire December 31st of every odd year, unless it is a trade license – in which case, will expire December 31st of every even year.

For new contractor license or license renewal applications filed in 2018 or 2019, and which will expire at the end of 2019 (ALL licenses except trade licenses), the license fee shall be fifty percent (50%) of the newly adopted biennial fee listed on the application.

For Contractor Exemption Forms, click HERE

For 2019 Contractor License Application, click HERE

Building Permits

Pay your Building Permit fees online. Once you know how much your permit will cost, make a payment!

For permit application information or to schedule an inspection, call the Building Department at (316) 733-1303 ext. 422.

Permits are not approved and no work is authorized until the permit application submitted has been signed by the Building Official and/or the Zoning Administrator.

Permit Requirements

Building Permit Applications are available at City Hall (1609 E. Central Avenue) or by fax or email by calling (316) 733-1303 ext. 422.

**Permits are required for any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, move demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the City of Andover, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.