Andover Senior Center
About the Senior Center
The Andover Senior Center mission is to sponsor good fellowship and wholesome recreation for anyone who has reached the age of 50 or better.
Annual membership dues are a suggested donation of $10.00 per year.
General Membership Meetings are the third Friday of the month at 11:00 am. Lunch will be served at 11:30 am. Please see the section on regular activities for more information.
We have special events each month such as educational speakers, monthly updates on safety from the Andover Chief of Police and fundraisers which includes great food, fellowship and fun.
Oh Yeah! Monterrey Day at the Senior Center on Wednesday, July 18 for some great food and fellowship. more information
You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."
- Erma Bombeck
- Birthstone: Ruby Flower: Lily or Larksur
- July 3, the hot and sultry Dog Days of Summer begin!
- The exact halfway point of the year comes at 7am CST July 3rd (in a non-leap year)
- July 4 is Independence Day and celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Don't forget to raise your flag!
- A Full Buck Moon occurs on the 27th at 4:20 pm.
- July is the hottest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and is winter time in the Southern Hemisphere. Winter always sounds good in the middle of July!
- Find lots of interesting facts at The Old Farmers Almanac https://www.almanac.com/
Click here for a Word Search Puzzle
We now have free WiFi!
Some of our activities include:
Come, have fun and enjoy all that we have to offer.