Online Bill Payment
As part of our commitment to provide convenient service, Andover has partnered with Official Payments to offer payment of City bills online. Utility bills can be paid over the phone as well (1-800-272-9829). Soon court fines can also be paid over the phone. Official Payments, the service provider, charges users a convenience charge for processing.
The following payments can now be paid to the City of Andover online:
- Court Fines
- Facility Rental Fees
- Dog Fines
- Fees for Report
- Utility Bill
- Sport Registration Fees - Through Rec1, the vendor City of Andover utilizes for online sports registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Q. Who is Official Payments?
A. Official Payments is the leading provider of electronic payment solutions and provides our clients with the most reliable way to process payments. Our network of partnerships including the IRS, 27 states and the District of Columbia, 350+ colleges and universities, and 3000+ municipalities enables us to offer the largest selection of payment services and solutions.
2) Q. Why is there a convenience fee and why am I paying for it?
A. Official Payments charges a convenience fee for processing the payment transaction. The convenience fee is assessed to cover operating costs and the costs associated with servicing thousands of transactions. Users are informed of all charges and fees before authorizing the payment. You may calculate the exact fee online. Two line items appear on customers' credit card bills or bank statements; one is for the payment to the City of Andover and the other is for the convenience fee charged by Official Payments.
3) Q. How safe is Official Payments’ system?
A. The system has been tested and proven. The IRS and more than 3,000 state and local governments have chosen Official Payments as an electronic service provider for their customers. The information gathered is private and will not be forwarded to anyone.
4) Q. Who do I call if my payment doesn’t appear on my card or bank statement?
A. Call Official Payments’ customer service toll-free line at (800) 487-4567. Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
5) Q. What are the advantages of using Official Payments?
A. Advantages of using Official Payments include:
- Faster payment via phone and Internet
- Flexibility to pay credit card balances over time
- Rewards from card issuers that carry such programs
- Satisfaction of knowing your payment has been officially paid through a trusted and secure service provider authorized by the IRS
6) Q. What is My Account and why should I register?
A. My Account gives customers the ability to access their online account and view their payment history and profile. My Account enables customers to establish an AutoPay schedule, create payment reminders, associate online payments with their account, view payment history, and edit their online profile. Learn more about registration.
7) Q. What are the benefits of using the online payment system?
A. By making an electronic payment, customers gain control of their payments. They can pay their obligation over time and on their own schedule. Paying by credit card may provide your customers with use of their money for an additional 30 to 60 days, depending on the credit card billing cycle. Paying by electronic check saves time and effort. Your customers are able to avoid long lines and don’t have to worry about their checks getting lost in the mail.
8) Q. Will I receive confirmation of my payment?
A. Yes. You will receive a confirmation number at the end of the transaction. This confirmation number and your card or bank statement will provide confirmation of your payment. If you pay through Official Payments, you are issued an onscreen digital receipt which can be printed for your records. Additionally, if you provide us with your email address you’ll receive an email verification of your payment.
9) Q. How can I be sure my payment was processed correctly?
A. If you have provided your email address to us, you can verify your Internet payment online. You will need your confirmation number, the last 4 digits of your card, or the last 5 digits of your bank account. You also may call (888) 357-8394. You will need your payment amount to process your telephone inquiry.