Moving In or Out?
Paper or Paperless Bills Available
You asked for it and paperless billing has arrived. The City of Andover is pleased to announce our new free paperless billing service. Residents now have the option to receive their utility bills by email. Like paper utility bills, ebills will be sent during the last week of the month. If you do not enroll in paperless billing for an ebill, you will continue to receive your bill through the mail.
- The cost for monthly sewer services for homes inside Andover is $35/month.
- The cost for monthly sewer services for homes outside Andover is $53/month.
Residents have many options for how they can pay their monthly utility bill.
- Mail payment to 1609 E Central, Andover, KS 67002
- Deliver payments to City Hall (1609 E Central) from 8 to 4:30 Monday - Friday.
- Drop off payments in dropbox after hours. The drop box is located in front of City Hall.
- Automatically have your payment deducted from your bank account
- Call in payment over the phone: (316) 733-1303 - Select Option #4
- Pay online. See the image below.
The property owner is ultimately responsible for city services.
New Andover Residents
New property owners should note, if you recently purchased a home within the City of Andover, you may want to verify that the final utility bill was paid by the previous owner. Any outstanding utility bill (recycling, sanitary sewer and stormwater) will be certified to your property as a special assessment. If your property has an outstanding final utility bill, you may want to contact your title company to see if any money was held in an escrow account.
Delinquent Utility Bills
The City of Andover has the authority to certify to the property taxes any outstanding utility bills as a special assessment. Certification occurs in the month of November each year for delinquent utility bills.
If your home is in foreclosure, the city services remain your obligation until the financing company takes possession of the property. Please be sure to remind your financing company of this.
If you are filing bankruptcy and wish to have your city services listed as part of the bankruptcy filing, you must list the City of Andover as a creditor on the filing.