Sewer line cleaning to take place starting Monday, September 19 - October 7 in Green Valley.
Cleaning crews will be on site between 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. and should be done within the first part of this time, weather permitting.
Backyard access may be necessary. If so, you will receive a sign with the following information on your door:
"The City of Andover Wastewater Department needs to gain access to a sanitary sewer manhole that is located within your yard to perform routine maintenance and cleaning of the sanitary sewer. Please contact the City of Andover Wastewater Department at 316-733-2621 between the hours of 7:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. Mon. - Fri., so arrangement can be made to have gates unlocked and have any animals away from the work area."
Things to know:
- Air pressure could escape through fixtures within the home (toilet, floor drains, sinks or tub/shower drains) causing existing water within the fixture itself to splash or gurgle. The vacuum could also draw water out of your traps causing an unpleasant odor.
- The cleaning of sanitary sewer is necessary to help prevent stoppages. Water, all drains, and toilets may be used as normal. Sewer lines can sometimes develop air pressure or a partial vacuum during the cleaning process; under normal circumstances this pressure will typically dissipate through the home’s plumbing vents.
- On the rare occasion that air pressure or a partial vacuum occurs, you can help keep splashing to a minimum by:
- Keeping lids on toilets closed when not in use during the cleaning period
- If you should experience an unpleasant odor, run water through fixtures and pour water in any floor drains to refill the traps.
Wastewater crews will be cautious; however, the city is not liable for any damage to landscaping or flowers that are planted near or around any sewer manhole we need access to.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact 316.733.2621.